This Thursday, I am excited to work alongside my Bull family at the Lodi Farmer’s Market! Our booth will be located at the corner of School and Oak Street, on the sidewalk near the Lodi Post Office parking lot. Make sure to stop by and say hello! You will have the opportunity to see our superior Bull products in action! Bull Outdoor Product Inc. has pioneered the concept of outdoor barbeque islands, while recognizing the need for backyard bbq enthusiasts to bring their grilling talents to match those of professional chefs!
At the farmer’s market booth, I will be demonstrating my grill skill on the Angus Grill. Don’t miss out! I will prepare this week’s recipe from my blog, grilled peach salad with feta cheese, topped with a balsamic glaze! Come by, say hi, and enjoy a sample and grab a recipe card! You can find all the ingredients needed right there at the market!
For this recipe, I will jazz up the sample we are handing out at the farmer’s market and create an easy and delicious summer salad. The addition of fresh baby arugula, toasted hazelnuts, and crispy prosciutto makes this salad one of my all time favorites! The smokey flavor from the grilled peaches and hazelnuts compliments the saltiness from the prosciutto chips and feta cheese. The sweetness of the balsamic and honey vinaigrette unite all the ingredients together. This is a wonderful salad to start off an amazing dinner with your family and friends.
Chef’s Note: For best results, pick out a peach that is firm to touch and slightly underripe. The heat of the grill will soften the flesh and bring out the natural sugars in the peach. Also, experiment by intermixing grilled watermelon or figs with this salad. I also suggest trying other cheeses such as a high quality blue cheese or adding another type of nut, such as a pecan. The great thing about this salad is you can intermix the ingredients to create a one of a kind creation that suits your palate!
- For the Salad:
- 3 peaches, firm and underripe, pit removed, cut in half, cut into quarters
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 6 slices of prosciutto
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 2 ounces hazelnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- For the Vinaigrette:
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- For the crispy prosciutto, preheat your oven to 350 degrees and set the rack to the middle. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, depending on thickness of prosciutto.
- Once done, gently remove from the baking sheet and cool on a baking rack until ready to use.
- Turn the Bull Grill on high to preheat. After 5 minutes, use the Bull Dual Handle Mega Monster Brush to remove any residue.
- Oil the grill grates before cooking.
- Set the peaches flat side down and grill for about 5 minutes, creating nice grill marks on the surface. Turn the peach over to the other flat side and grill for another 5 minutes, to create beautiful grill marks on the peach.
- Once done, turn the grill off and remove the peaches to rest.
- Combine the ingredients for the balsamic dressing, season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- To plate, slice the peaches into slivers. Arrange the baby arugula on the plate first, followed by the sliced grilled peaches. Next add the feta cheese and chopped hazelnuts. To finish dress the salad with the balsamic vinaigrette and top off with the crispy prosciutto!
♥ Chef Amy