Do you ever walk by the produce aisle and wonder what you can do with a bag of sweet peppers? I used to see them and think they didn’t have many uses aside from adding a little crunch to a salad. One day I bought a bag and tried cooking with them. Now I use them all the time in sauces, salsas, and stir frys but one of my favorite uses is filling them with…..
jalapeño cream cheese, spices, and bacon!
I’ve been on a low carb diet for the better part of a year and the grilled cheesy sweet peppers are a great appetizer or snack. They have an awesome crunch which goes great with the slight spicy kick of the filling. Not only do they taste really good but they are extremely low in carbs and high in good fats. If you are wary of the jalapeño cream cheese (or you can’t find it) you can easily substitute another flavored or plain whipped cream cheese.
Chef Anthony Pro Tip – After stuffing the sweet peppers I put them in the freezer for 30 minutes to an hour and then cook them. That helps them maintain their shape.
Grilled Cheesy Sweet Peppers
- 12 mini sweet peppers sliced in half seeds and membranes removed
- 8 ounces jalapeño flavored cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese + extra for topping
- 1/2 cup fully cooked bacon pieces
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- Preheat Bull Grill to medium heat (approximately 350 degrees)
- In a small bowl or food processor mix together all the ingredients until smooth.
- Fill the peppers with the filling, about 1 tablespoon each. Sprinkle a little cheese on each pepper. Grill in the Bull Grill for 10-12 minutes until cheese is melted and peppers have softened.
- Allow to cool slightly before eating. Enjoy!