This year grilled broccolini became one of my favorite go to grilled vegetables. I’m taking it up a notch and going au gratin!
Grilled Broccolini with Parmesan and Bacon
Author: Jeff Parker
Recipe type: Direct and indirect heat grilling
Serves: 6 to 8
- 3 bunches broccolini, about 1 pound
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 strips crispy cooked bacon, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon melted butter
- Set up grill for two-zone medium-high direct and indirect heat grilling. Brush and oil grates before cooking.
- Trim the end of the broccolini and place on a small sheet pan. Drizzle the oil over the broccolini and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan, bacon, and butter; stir until thoroughly combined.
- Grill the broccolini, turning every couple minutes until the stems are marked; about 3 to 4 minutes. Place small sheet pan on the indirect side of the grill and transfer the broccolini to the sheet pan as they are marked. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and bacon mixture. CLose the grill lid and grill roast for 8 to 10 minutes or until the bread crumbs are golden brown and the broccolini is tender.
Cheers and Happy Grilling!
Jeff Parker says