Now that it’s warming up (at least in Arizona) I love making snacks that can be enjoyed poolside or while enjoying the sunset. A favorite of mine is making chunky grilled bacon guacamole. One might ask why grill a perfectly good avocado?! The answer is simple and tasty!
Guacamole is awesome no matter what but I love grilling the avocados, jalapenos, & onion to add a smoky and rustic flavor to my favorite dip. After I create grill marks on the avocados, peppers, and onion I cool them down before cutting. It’s important not to overcook since you’re really just looking to add a little color and flavor to it. You can serve this guac on top of a chicken or salmon or chill it and enjoy it with your favorite chips.
- 4 avocados peeled pitted, & diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cooked bacon
- 1/2 10 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies (Drained)
- 1/2 diced & destemmed jalapeño
- 2 finely diced garlic cloves
- 1/2 lime squeezed
- 1 tablespoon diced cilantro
- 3 green onions diced
- 1/2 tablespoon fine pink sea salt
- 1 tablespoon Bull Steak & Burger BBQ Rub
- Grill lightly oiled avocado, onion, and jalapeno on medium heat Bull Grill until you have grill marks. Remove from grill and cool ingredients in the fridge.
- Using a fork or potato masher smash avocados until you have a chunky consistency.
- Gently mix in the rest of the ingredients until they are thoroughly incorporated. Add in a little bit of the jalapeno at a time. You can add more spicy heat to your guac but you can't take it out. Enjoy on salmon or chicken or chill and enjoy with your favorite chip.