This week’s recipe is a fantastic two-for-one deal this holiday season! Not only am I sharing my delicious, yet simple recipe that will be a huge hit with the holiday company, but I also have the inside scoop for Bull’s must-have holiday stocking stuffers for all the grilling enthusiasts out there! Naughty or nice, Bull Outdoor Products has the perfect stocking stuffers and holiday recipes that will make Christmas 2018 shine bright!
This week on the menu, flank steak pinwheels. Simple to prep, under fifteen minutes to grill, and delicious with each bite, the perfect recipe trifecta! Serve alongside buttery fingerling potatoes, fresh rosemary and your favorite red wine, and you will think it is Christmas everyday!
- Place the flank steak in your favorite marinade to give the pinwheels a boost in flavor and texture.
- To change things up, try adding crumbled blue cheese or feta cheese along with sauteing the spinach. Yum!
- Click here to check out the variety of skewers Bull has to offer this holiday.
- 1 ½ pounds flank steak, pounded to ½-inch thickness
- Bull’s steak and burger bbq rub, to season the meat
- 8 ounces fresh baby spinach leaves, washed and patted dry
- 6 ounces Asiago cheese, shredded
- Bull’s signature stainless steel skewers
- To preheat and clean the grill: Turn all 4 burners on to high, close the lid, and allow the grill to preheat for 10 minutes. Using the Bull dual handle monster brush, clean the grill grates removing all residue. Run an oiled rag over the grill grates, and you are ready to grill!
- Making the pinwheels: Pound the flank steak until ½-inch thick. Spread the steak out with the grain running left to right. Season the entire steak with Bull’s steak rub. Layer with the fresh spinach and cheese. Roll the flank steak as tight as you can, rolling away from you. Place Bull’s metal skewers about 1 ½ to 2-inches along the seam of the pinwheel to hold together. Cut in between each skewer to create the pinwheels. IMPORTANT: Make sure each pinwheel has equal parts of meat on either side of each skewer.
- To grill: Place the pinwheels down onto the preheated grill and cook until desired doneness. For medium, cook for 5 to 6 minutes on each side.
♥ Chef Amy
P.S. Check out Bull’s Instagram page for some additional stocking stuffer ideas!