There’s no better way to celebrate the start of a New Year than to surround yourself with loved ones and enjoy a delicious, home cooked meal. I invite you all to join me in my Bull outdoor kitchen to grill up one of my all-time favorites! An open fire, seafood, and champagne…don’t be late!
This week on the menu – fire roasted whole lobster, served with roasted lemon and topped with a mouth-watering compound butter. That’s right! We are placing these bad boys directly on top of the fiery, hot embers to cook! Check out the video below!!
A simple, yet delicious dish that is perfect to celebrate the start of a promising New Year. 💥 🎇
- Bull’s signature stainless steel skewers are perfect for cooking the lobster over the hot embers. The handle makes it super easy to flip the lobster over, and the flat skewers not only hold the lobster in place while cooking, but they also keep the lobster nice and straight for presentation. Don’t forget to place your Bull’s pit mitt on before handling the hot skewers.
- 4 (1-2 lbs. each) live lobster
- Compound butter, click here for recipe
- 2 lemons, cut into halves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Building the fire: Preheat the Bull pizza oven to 450 - 500 degrees. Allow the fire to burn about 30-40 minutes until embers start to form. Using the Bull shovel, spread the fiery embers out, to create enough space for the lobster to sit directly over.
- Cleaning and skewering the lobster: To kill the lobster, plunge them headfirst into salted boiling water and allow to cook for 1 minute. Remove and drain. One at a time, carefully run the sharp end of the skewer through the tail of the lobster all the way up and through the center of the body. Repeat until all four lobster are ready for the fire. Lightly brush the lobster with oil.
- To cook: Place the lobster directly on top of the fiery, hot ember and allow them to cook for about 5 minutes. Place the lemons cut into half alongside the lobster onto the hot embers to roast. Using the Bull pit mitt, turn the lobster over and finish cooking for another 5 minutes, 10 minutes total.
- To clean and plate: Carefully remove the skewers from the cooked lobster. Using kitchen scissors, cut the underside of the tail, splitting the lobster lengthwise in half. Leave the back of the shell intact. Optional: Remove and add the tomalley to warm, melted butter. Otherwise, discard the tomalley. If the lobsters become too cool during the cleaning process, place them onto foil and into the pizza oven for a minute to heat back up. Garnish with the grilled lemon, top with the compound butter, and fill a champagne flute with your favorite bubbly. Happy New Year!
🎆 Chef Amy 🎆
From all of us at Bull Outdoor Products, Happy 2019!
→ Need a delicious salad to go along with the roasted lobster? I got you covered! Click here for Amy’s famous Caesar salad with homemade croutons, yum.