Nothing says all American Bull BBQ more than a great rib recipe. This week I will teach you how to slow-grill my delicious ribs. Not only are they super moist and smoky in hickory flavor, but they will have you licking your fingers, wanting more of the sweet-sticky Bull BBQ sauce glaze, making these ribs the perfect grub for summertime grilling.
This week on the menu, pork baby back ribs generously rubbed and dry brined with Bull’s sweet heat rub. Cooked low and slow with indirect heat, the meat is infused with flavored by pre-soaked wood chips (only if you could smell this video). To finish, brush Bull’s chipotle spicy bbq sauce all over the caramelized ribs. End results…mouth-watering ribs with a kick of heat! You better make enough. They go fast!!
- These ribs require no boiling ahead of time in order to achieve fall-off-the-bone texture. By adding a generous amount of Bull’s one-of-a-kind rub over the ribs ahead of time, this allows the meat to dry brine. The combination of spices, salt and sugar draws the moisture out of the meat, concentrating the flavors and tenderizing the meat.
- Bull’s large smoker box gives you the ability to add a delicate layer of smoke to a variety of grilled foods prepared on a BBQ Grill. Specially designed to fit in between the burners of the Bull Grill, the Bull EZ fill smoker box has a sliding lid that makes adding more wood chips super easy. Constructed of high quality 304 stainless steel, the Bull EZ fill smoker box will last through many BBQ seasons.
- If cooking ribs for a larger group, try using Bull’s stainless reversible roasting rib rack! This must-have Bull grilling accessory grills up to six slabs of ribs upright at one time and can even grill a whole turkey, chicken, or large roast.
- When slow cooking ribs, it is important to spray the meat water or apple juice to keep it moist.
- 3 racks pork baby back ribs (2.5 lbs per rack)
- ¼ cup Bull’s sweet heat rub
- 1 bottle Bull’s chipotle spicy bbq sauce
- 1 cup water, to spray onto the ribs
- 3 cups hickory flavored wood chips, presoaked
- To Dry Brine: Generously add Bull's award winning rub all over the ribs and allow them to dry brine/marinade as little as 2 hours to overnight. When time to grill, remove the ribs from the fridge 45 minutes beforehand, allowing the meat to come to room temperature.
- To Preheat & Light Wood Chips: Remove the grill grates and preheat the Bull Angus Grill by lighting the outside gas burners on high heat and close the lid. Add a handful of pre-soaked wood chips to the Bull EZ fill smoker box. Open the lid and place the box next to one of the lit burners. Allow the wood chips to start smoking, around 15 minutes. Once lit, turn one of the two outside burners off, keeping one on low heat. Place the grill grates back onto the grill. Close the lid and allow the heat to maintain 250 - 270 degrees F and the bbq to fill with smoke.
- To Grill: Place Bull’s reversible roasting rib rack and the ribs on to the grill grates with no heat underneath, cooking with indirect heat. To avoid the heat and smoke from escaping the grill, open and close the lid as quick as you can. Allow the ribs to cook from 2-3 hours at 250-270 degrees F. Quickly open the lid and spray the ribs with the water every 30 minutes. Keep extra pre-soaked wood chips close by in case more need to be added to the smoker box. Add the bbq sauce to Bull’s cast iron sauce pot and heat up over a burner. Once hot, turn the heat off and cover with foil until time to use.
- To Glaze: Once the ribs are cooked, remove the ribs from the grill rack and place onto Bull’s bamboo chopping block. Cut the ribs between the bone with Bull's hardwood handle knife. Place into a large bowl and add half of Bull's bbq sauce onto the ribs and toss. Remove the smoker box and turn the two center gas burners onto medium heat and place the individual ribs back onto the grill, grilling with direct heat. Using the Bull basting brush coat the ribs with the remaining bbq sauce, glazing the ribs. Once hot and caramelized, transfer the finger licking ribs to a serving platter and eat immediately! Enjoy.
♥ Chef Amy