Our awesome Father’s Day meal wouldn’t be complete without something delicious to wash it down with. Not too spicy, but with a nice bite, this Jalapeño Margarita is the beverage of choice.
- 2 cups silver tequila
- 2 cups Jalapeño Sweet & Sour, recipe follows
- ⅓ cup Cointreau (not triple sec and definitely not Gran Marnier)
- Limes wedges
- Kosher salt
- Jalapenos, for garnish
- Stir together the tequila, Jalapeño Sweet & Sour mix, and Cointreau in a pitcher. Run a lime wedge along the rim of a low-ball glass and dip the rim of the glass in kosher salt. Squeeze the lime wedge and drop it in the glass. Fill the glass with ice and then pour in the deliciousness...
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups water
- 4 roughly chopped jalapeños
- 3 cups lemon juice
- 1 cup lime juice
- Combine sugar water , and jalapenos in a saucepan, bring to a boil for 1 minute stirring to dissolve the sugar. Let cool to room temperature. Once cooled, add the lemon and lime juices.
- Will keep refrigerated for a couple weeks.
Cheers and Happy Father’s Day!
Reblogged this on doodiefoodie and commented:
This has go my name written all over it! YUM! I really love your Jalapeno Sweet and Sour Mix what a great idea! Could spice up a number of cocktails!