Fresh grilled corn is one of my all time favorite items to cook on the grill. It’s one of those dishes that just screams grilling outdoors. I love eating corn on the cob but sometimes I like giving it a little more flavor and complexity, that’s when I make my famous Chipotle Brown Butter Elote.Jump to Recipe
Making brown butter is an easy way to enhance and elevate a dish. The simple task of browning butter makes a great ingredient even better. The spicy chipotle plays well with the nutty tones of the brown butter.
I like using a mix of corn, bell pepper, and green onion but the great thing about this dish is you can easily add more seasonal veggies to enjoy it year round. You can serve it as a side dish or use it as a topping on tacos, pasta dishes, or any meat.
Chef Anthony Pro Tip – You can refrigerate the left over brown butter for up to a week and use it in other dishes. I love using it to toast ravioli in a pan.
Chipotle Brown Butter Elote
- 4 pieces of corn
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 jalapeño
- 4 green onions
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- Add chipotle & butter to a pot. Melt butter over medium heat on Side Kick Cart Side Burner.
- Cook until dark amber, stirring often, for about 5-6 minutes, and be careful not to let it burn.
- The transformation occurs at about 250ºF, leaving the milk solids behind to brown.
- When the butter turns dark amber and has a nutty aroma, pull the pan off the stove and keep for later use.
- Place the cleaned corn on the cob, green onions, bell peppers, and jalapeño, onto the Bull Grill over the direct heat of the flames.
- Allow the vegetables to get brown on one side before turning over, about 8 minutes. Allow all sides to brown, total cooking time around 16 minutes. Once done remove the vegetables from the grill.
- Allow the vegetables to cool slightly and cut the corn from the cob and dice the remainder of the vegetables. Mix together in a bowl and add in cilantro, brown butter, and salt to your preference.
- Top with cojita cheese and serve warm. Enjoy!