Last week we got to shoot some new grilling and how-to videos that will be appearing on the Bull BBQ website. One of the how-to videos was about grilling pizza using the Bull pizza accessories featuring the Pizza Stone Grill. There was no recipe to the video, but the pizza that I made to demonstrate the products was such a hit with the crew, I thought that I would share it with you.
I want to extend special thanks to the very talented Vanessa Stump who photographed not only the behind the scenes of the video shoot and these great pizza pics, but also our upcoming Bull BBQ Cookbook, THANK YOU!
- BBQ Chicken Pizza
- serves two to four
- Like I mentioned, this was pizza was created to demonstrate the grilling tool. Use it as a starting point ... crumbled bacon, sliced peppers or jalapeños, feta cheese, corn kernels, etc. would all be delicious additions to this pizza!
- 1 pound prepared pizza dough
- Flour, for dredging and dusting
- ½ cup Bull Snortin’ Hot BBQ Sauce
- 2 cups shredded Mexican Asadero or Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 heaping cup shredded BBQ'd or grilled chicken
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Set up grill for indirect heat. Set grill top pizza stone so it’s not over the flame. Close cover and heat grill to at least 450° to 500°F. (You can also cook this directly on a well-oiled grate).
- Have all your ingredients prepared and ready. Dredge the pizza dough in flour and pat off the excess. Roll out pizza dough to desired thickness on a lightly floured surface. Top with ingredients in the order listed.
- Use a pizza peel or a cookie sheet to transfer your pizza to the stone. Close grill and cook for 5 minutes. Open grill and rotate the pizza 180 degrees. Close cover and continue cooking for another 4 to 7 minutes. Cooking time will depend on how hot your grill is. Remember that the heat escapes when you open the grill cover, so wait at least 5 minutes before checking; most pizzas should be ready in 9 to 12 minutes.
- When the cheese is melted and bubbling, use the pizza peel to remove pizza to a cutting board. Sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro, and then slice and serve.
Cheers and Happy Grilling!