This is a handy recipe for summer gardeners or if you know someone with a zucchini plant! You may want to use a grill grid or live on the wild side and risk losing some through the grates (like I did). 🙂
- 4 medium summer squash or zucchini
- Olive oil
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs; 1 teaspoon if using dried (I like the flavor and simplicity of thyme)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Slice squash in ½-inch slices either lengthwise or on the bias. Drizzle with olive oil and toss with the garlic, herbs, salt and pepper. Preheat grill to medium heat. Lay out the squash in a single layer and grill for 3 to 4 minutes or until marked. Flip and cook for another couple minutes. The squash should still be al dente and not turn translucent -- it's okay to taste while you cook!. You will get to know the hot spots on your grill; so keep an eye out for pieces that grill faster than others.
Cheers and Happy Grilling!