Making the day perfect for that special Mom in your life is important but let’s face it cards, flowers, and chocolates are expensive! That’s why this year I’m going to make an amazing & memorable brunch for Mom with an Everything Bagel Quiche, a Grilled Peach & Arugula Salad, and a Grilled Peach & Agave Mimosa!Jump to Recipe
Now don’t panic all three recipes are not only tasty but really easy to make and healthy. One of the tricks to creating this brunch is cross utilizing ingredients to cut down on your prep & cook time, giving you more quality time with that special Mom in your life.
First we start by making an Everything Bagel Quiche made with pieces of tasty bagel and cream cheese to add richness. Adding Everything Bagel Spice to our quiche really helps bring the flavors together and elevate our brunch.
Your Mom is probably like my Mom and she is always worried about us eating right & making good choices. The great thing about our bunch is that it’s full of yummy and healthier ingredients. We switch out sugary orange juice for peach & agave in our mimosa and make a light vinaigrette full of healthy fats.
Chef Anthony Fun Fact – Mother’s Day became an official U.S. Holiday every second Sunday in May when President Wilson signed an official proclamation in 1914.
We’ll make Mom extra proud when we tell her that we are using fresh peaches that are in season AND full of Vitamins A & C. Not only that but grilling the peaches for our mimosa, salad, and vinaigrette adds an amazing flavor and complexity to our brunch, and will surely bring a smile to Mom.
They say a Mom doesn’t have a favorite but let’s face it, after enjoying this yummy brunch made on our Bull Grill she will.
Chef Anthony Pro Tip – I used the Angus Bull Grill Cart to make my brunch but next time I’m going to use my Bull Pizza Oven or the Bison Charcoal Grill to add a little smokey goodness.
- 3 ripe peaches cut in quarters pits removed
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 4 cups baby spinach & butter lettuce mixture
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts
- 4 oz fresh crumbled goat cheese
Grilled Peach Vinaigrette
- 2 ripe peaches cut in quarters pits removed
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon agave simple syrup
- 1 sea salt
- Grill Peaches on medium-low on your Bull Grill. Because of the sugar in the peaches they will caramelize quickly and become sticky. Remove them from heat as soon as they get grill marks. Cool peaches completely in the refrigerator before making vinaigrette.
- For the vinaigrette add peaches, vinegar, mustard, agave syrup, and salt to the blender and blend until it is fully blended.
- Turn the blender on and slowly add the olive oil to the blender a few drops at a time to emulsify your vinaigrette. Once you have all the oil in the blender chill the vinaigrette.
- Add all the remaining salad ingredients to a large bowl and add vinaigrette to the bowl (Add a little bit at time and to your preference)
- 2 ripe peaches pitted and quarted
- 1/2 cup agave simple syrup mix 1 cup water with 1/2 cup agave nectar and heat until the agave has dissolved. Refrigerate until chilled
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped mint
- 1 cup Prosecco
- Grilled peach slices & mint for garnish
- Grill the peaches at medium-low heat on your Bull Grill. Because of the sugar in the peaches they will caramelize quickly and become sticky. Remove them from heat as soon as they get grill marks.
- Peel the skin from the peaches if desired. I left the skin on mine.
- Combine the peaches, simple syrup, lime juice and mint in a blender and blend until smooth. Put the mixture into the fridge to chill for 30-60 minutes.
- Fill glasses half way with Prosecco and then the remainder with grill peach mixture.
- Garnish with mint and grilled peach slices.
- 2 everything bagels chopped into 2 inch pieces
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups mozzarella
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 8-oz. block cream cheese, cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked sausage
- 1 white onion thinly sliced & grilled
- 1 tablespoon Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat your Bull Grill to medium (approximately 375°) and oil or butter an 8-inch cast iron pan. Scatter all the bagel pieces in the pan evenly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, heavy cream, everything bagel seasoning, cream cheese, & salt. To make things easier I use a blender and blend until the mixture is nice and frothy.
- Sprinkle sausage and cheese over bagels. Then pour egg mixture over bagels and sausage making sure to coat all the bagel pieces.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20-30 minutes. Remove foil and bake until the top of the quiche is golden and eggs are cooked through.
- Let it rest and setup for 10-15 minutes.