I needed cabbage to go with my corned beef and cabbage un-boiled dinner. Emerald City Slaw is a take on a parsley and scallion slaw that I had eaten when I lived in Seattle (Emerald City) and thought the green-ness was just the right thing to serve with my St. Paddy’s Day grilled Corned Beef with Mustard Plaster. The extra little kick of horseradish is perfect with the scallions and really bumps this slaw up!
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage; about 1 pound
- 1 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- ½ cup finely chopped scallions, green part only
- ½ cup good quality mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons prepared horseradish (not cream style)
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together the cabbage, parsley, and scallions. Stir together the remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Cheers and Happy Grilling!